Thursday, June 23, 2005

I met Nick Hornby, author of High Fidelity and About A Boy today!

Today was sweet! I went to a talk where author Nick Hornby, famous for the books "About A Boy" and "High Fidelity", had a book reading of his new book which is called "A Long Way Down." Very interesting book idea and it was really cool to hear him read his own story!

After the book reading, I bought a copy of High Fidelity and lined up to meet him and get my book signed. It was super cool and he was very nice. I asked him if he has any time to tour around while he is here, and he said he has been in the USA for 3 weeks and was heading back to England this afternoon! It was a super interesting experience to meet such a famous author... good times!

Today generally rocked, I had a great time at work and got to hang out with my roommates and also talk to Kristen for a while on MSN which is nice. I finally have internet again so I can video chat again which is nice.

There is a University of Waterloo event for students and alumni in the San Francisco area tomorrow night so I might go to it but I am not sure if I needed to sign up for it already or not. So I might go to that. This weekend should be nice and relaxing again which is great.

My buddy Alex is coming to San Francisco for a weekend in August and also for Siggraph so that is great. I got my Siggraph ticket last week and I am really excited about it.

No comments: