Friday, October 07, 2005

Houdini Assignment 2 Started

For our Houdini Assignment 2 in my Fine Arts class we have been asked to create a looping animation that is simple and elegant, using only spheres, cubes and tube objects with only the Copy, Merge, Transform and Cookie Houdini filters.

I did the majority of the modeling tonight and it is going pretty well so far. I wanted to create a ferris-wheel style object made out of ice cream scoop-shaped arms. My animation is going to be this wheel rotating, a ball rolling in, and the scoop picking it up and then carrying it along for a ride until dropping it off on the other side of the ferris wheel and maybe the ball rolling down a ramp and off-screen.

I am pretty happy with this modeling so far and then I can move onto the animation soon.


Ice Cream scoop style ferris wheel version 1


Initial setup for looping animation scene

No comments: