Thursday, June 22, 2006

Raytracer positioning finally right

For some reason the View to World transformation Matrix we had from class totally wasn't working at all. There was some problem with the scaling and translation and I couldn't figure it out. So I ended up not using it and using a different method instead, and explicitly translating and scaling the pixel coordinates before applying the View to World transformation Matrix instead of doing it all in one step. So it's working now and my camera is finally correct... sweet.

Tonight I am going to try to implement the Phong Lighting Model. This project is awesome!!

Matt and I talked for a bit and we discussed some stuff about Adaptive Antialiasing, which I might try to do cause it seems like a smarter method than just straight Supersampling. We'll have to see if I have time for all of this interesting stuff. :)

No comments: