Saturday, July 15, 2006

BBQ in Toronto with Alias/Autodesk homeys

Today was totally sweet. I took a much-needed break from programming my Raytracer project and went to Toronto with Matt. We met up with Alex and hung out for a bit, ate a bunch of chocolate, went to Spring Rolls (best food ever), then ate more chocolate and went the Paramount Theatre to watch Pirates of the Caribbean and it was totally awesome. Yes, Kiera Knightely was gloriously attractive as always. And Johnny Depp (especially) and Orlando Bloom were really fantastic actors too and also did a great job.

Then we went up to John's house, my manager when I was at Alias and Matt's new manager at Autodesk. He had a suuuupppper awweeeeeesome BBQ at his place today, it was totally awesome and there were a bunch of super wicked old-school Alias people there and they were all just as totally awesome as they have always been. (Can you count how many times I said "awesome" or it's variants in this past paragraph??) :) Good times!!

Anyway, much eating and "slack-lining" ensued, the latter being a cool sport where you walk across a, hehe how do I describe this, a "slacked" line that is in between 2 trees. You balance on the line and walk across, it's a new sport that John has been getting into and it was pretty hard but a neat idea and fun, though I fell off a few times. :) Matt seemed to be doing really well! So we had a great time and saw lots of wicked people, I hung out and chatted to all these super sweet people and I loved it. Hehe oh yeah and the food was amazing too. All in all a totally amazing day, and it was a break that I really needed, so it was just fantastic. Now I gotta drink some Lemonade (cause I bought this fancy lemonade and I think it expires tomorrow, hehe) and watch a Scrubs episode and go to sleep.

As I might say... "good times!!!"


Matt at Spring Rolls for lunch

Mmm.. Thai Red Curry...

Matt rockin' some mad food

Haha Alex chillin'

Word

Fixing my hat hair??!

Haha thumbs up

John teaching us how to "slack line"

Sweet picture

Matt

Matt givin' it a go

Sweet

Impressive stuff!!

"Good times!"

John teaching me how to "slack line"

Trying it out

Haha in mid-fall

Other people at the BBQ

Matt with the classic "cookie and beer" combination

Haha

Me with Cory and his wife

Haha good one of me with Shai

No comments: