Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Big rendering of my beer glass

Sweet. Last night I ran a 1024x1024 pixel render of my beer glass which I created in Maya and then exported as an OBJ file to my Raytracer. I modeled the beer glass in NURBS and the table on Polys, but exported them both as Polys, and exported Vertex Normals with the meshes too.

The new image (click on it to see it in full size) took only about 3 hours to render on the gl13 machine, which is a P4 3.0Ghz with 1 Gb RAM, using my Spatial Subdivisions speedup.

Anyway, this is freakin' awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I am totally psyched about this cause it's the first time I've seen my model rendered in my own Raytracer with Vertex Normal Interpolation... ohhh man that rocks. Note the previous image here where I don't have vertex normals and it is all facety.


Old image with no vertex normals and facety glass


Awesome fancy smooth glass that looks totally sweet

No comments: