Monday, July 03, 2006

Made a Cornell Box to test my Raytracer

Tonight I checked out the Cornell Box website (http://www.graphics.cornell.edu/online/box/) and got the definition of the official Cornell Box there. This is good cause it'll give me a decent setup to test my Raytracer features.

Initially it didn't work for some reason, but after some effort it appears to be working decently. I don't have Area Lights yet so I had to create a bunch of other lights in the scene in an attempt to light the box decently. It doesn't look great but hopefully it'll do for now until I implement Area Lights.

Tomorrow I have to start reading some Siggraph Papers and I have to get going on Uniform Spatial Subdivisions, today I "put that off" by writing Refraction instead and restructuring some of my Materials code and then doing this stuff here, so I want to get working on that tomorrow cause that should take a few days.


Haha initially it looked totally wrong


Fixed the left side


First attempt at point lighting


Looking better now


Reflection


Added more lighting and some cubes


Glass Material that is not reflecting or refracting


Attempt at Reflection and Refraction


From the other side of the sphere


Refraction with index of 1.33 instead of 1.56. Still not sure if this is right so I am going to have to do some more testing.

No comments: