Friday, July 28, 2006

Some recent Fine Arts stuff

Here are a couple of things I've been working on lately for my Fine Arts class. I've been doing an animation using the Maya Dynamics simulations mixed with Maya's global illumination and caustics stuff in Mental Ray. The purpose is to get some pretty glass caustics effects on the wall, and I think that stuff is really cool. Some day I'd like to add that to my Raytracer too.

Here are some frames from the Animation, it's not done yet but it's getting closer now. Also here are some updates of a couple of other images I was working on, a 3D drawing thing and also that fruit bowl dealie from a while back. I'm not done these yet but they are getting closer now which is good. I meet with my Fine Arts Prof again once more before the end of term so I should have time to finish these off and get them to a better state, so that's pretty rockin'.


Caustics on the wall and refraction through the glass


More nice caustics


Pretty colours, sweeeeeet


A 3D drawing I started last night, it's kinda working ok but my Prof said it's not quite what he wanted me to go for with this. So I am going to scrap it for now but come back to it later when I feel like working on it more.



The 'ol fruit bowl painting, sortof Monet style. Hehe it's my first one so please don't laugh if it doesn't look a thing like any of Monet's work. :)

No comments: