Monday, February 26, 2007

Jocelyne, this one's for you

Man, I love the Tea Shop. I've been there 4 times this week. Nick and I went tonight after we both finished our UI Assignments (sweeet.) I stayed up until 4am last night getting the Undo/Redo stuff to work and then spent ages trying to figure out how to modify the values in the Data model (part of the AbstractTableModel) - it took a while and I finally figured it out this afternoon. Turns out that I messed it up a bit originally as there is a method in AbstractTableModel with the signature:

public void setValueAt(Object obj, int row, int col);

I for some crrraazy reason assumed I could cast the Object to a String in the method signature... not sure why. Probably cause it was 4am. Anyhoo... I had the following:

public void setValueAt(String string, int row, int col);

This was the problem as Java assumed this was just an overloaded method and did NOT treat it in the special way that the method that has the Object in it's argument list. That method is called automatically when the data model changes, so it's what I wanted to use instead... bah. Anyway all sorted out now, and I managed to totally finish it tonight. Nick and I then went to the Math building at about 10:30 tonight, and made sure it worked on the Solaris machines at school and then submitted it and went back to the Tea Shop to hang out.

WHAT AN AWESOME DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today was awesome for like 500 reasons, and it got even better when we went to the Tea Shop, mostly cause I love that place and the people there.

So Jocelyne, famed Tea Shop tea maker, official "Minister of making me Bubble Tea" in the "Jutan Clan" facebook group... said that she was bored and decided to read tons of my blog for the fun of it, and that she doesn't get much props on this blog. She said that she had only been mentioned once!! Insane. Also my roommate Nick said he'd only been mentioned once too. Crazyness. So... NICK AND JOCELYNE you guys are AWESOME. Done and done. Just gotta give a bit of props when props are due... and they most certainly are due. :)

In other news, today was awesome. I gotta start reading a book for History and also I should probably watch last week's episode of The Office again. I have 8:30 class tomorrow and back to the Gym after reading week so I gotta be ready for rockin' that out tomorrow.

No comments: