Thursday, June 21, 2007

Pompeii

Pompeii was nuuuuuuuuts. It was super cool and I spent a few hours walking around there. Pompeii is an ancient city that was covered in ash from the Mt. Visuvious volcano that erupted back in 74 BCE. The entire city was preserved and was excavated a few hundred years ago, super crazy and essentially you can walk around there and it's just like walking around a 2000 year old city. Pretty crazy stuff. It was very interesting and I took a bunch of photos of course.

In the evening I hung out with people from my hostel again, they rocked. Ally and Kate from England were specifically awesome, and, obviously, they are from Kent. This further proves that I think everyone who comes from Kent is fantastic.


Near the entrance to Old Pompeii


Forum area


Forum


Streets of Old Pompeii


Cool "One Way" sign on the street, crazy eh?!


Me eating really good fresh Mozarella for lunch


Grand Theatre in Pompeii


Theatre


Stones to cross the road when there was water in the road and tracks for horse carriages!


A food take away place


Baths for soaking yarn


Paintings


More food take aways


Amphitheatre


Amphitheatre inside


Walking in Pompeii


Road crossing stones


Bakery


Stone and horse carriage tracks


View from my hostel in Positano


New friends from Canada


New friends from USA and Australia


Ally and I at breakfast


Kate and I at breakfast

No comments: