Friday, September 28, 2007

The Office, Dave Matthews this weekend, Movies with long titles

Today was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING at work, AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! No surprise!!! Man it rocks. It's just awesome for so, soooooo many reasons. My work is SO interesting and motivating and challenging and new and exciting. My co-workers are all hilarious geniuses. My friends at LucasArts are also smart, and not insanely Computer Game nerdified which is good (cause I can't handle the Computer Game nerds, sorry y'all), and just everyone rocks. I'm starting to get to know some of the people on my team better, and doing more after-work stuff with them.

Last night a bunch of people from work got together to watch a movie that one of the guys was on the crew for like 15 years ago. We were intentionally watching a teeeerrrrible movie so we could make fun of it, and it was just hilarious. Everyone in the room yells stuff out and pokes fun at the ridiculousness of the movie, and we got a drink beforehand too so it was even funnier. Man, that was just amazing. I think this group meets every month for this movie night (if you can call it that, haha), and yeah, it was just amazingly hilarious.

Tonight instead of watching a bad movie, I watched an excellent one! It's called (wait for it), "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford", starring Brad Pitt and Casey Affleck. It was just amazing. Beautiful photography, amazing scenery and the acting was fantastic. It was a reaaaaaaaaally long movie though, it was about 2 hours and 40 minutes! Pretty glad I saw it though, but I got home pretty late and had dinner at 11pm. Hehe crazy. Anyway great film, but kindof a long one for the theatres I guess.

The Office Premiere was tonight. Man I love that show. I know I am a total girl for saying this, but man I am so happy about Jim and Pam. Hehe I think everyone is feeling pretty happy about that too. :)

Oh yeah in other awesome news... Dave Matthews Concert THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's my 9th Dave Matthews concert and oh baby it is going to be SO good. I really want to hear "Sister", "Break Free", any random new stuff, "Pantala Naga Pampa/Rapunzel", "Stay or Leave", and just the general crazy jam session stuff. I think the new Trumpet player is on tour with them too, which is great cause he is really talented. Good stuff.

Ok time for bed. Oh yeah, I got Indian Food for delivery last night from the place that I love which is kindof close to my house. They make this Chicken Saag (Chicken and Spinach) curry which is so awesome I can't explain it without getting hungry. Mmm, good stuff.

Looks like that movie I watched tonight has an 8.2 on IMDB and a 68% on Rottentomatoes, but yeah there seem to be good ratings for the cinematography, as expected. Looks like it's only opened at 5 theatres in the country so far. Hopefully it will get to more, but at 2 hours and 40 minutes I think it'll lose the general crowd. It was really well done though and I enjoyed it a lot.

No comments: