Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Movie Review: I am Legend

I just saw "I am Legend" and dare I say, it was "legendary" :) Ok maybe not quite legendary, but I did like it. Will Smith is just awesome in this movie. It is pretty much a Tom Hanks "Castaway" style performance. Will Smith is basically the only actor on screen other than a really nice/cute dog and a ton of scary zombies for 95% of the movie. Nice work, Will Smith.

They play the tension incredibly well, and the sound effects were freakin' crazy... well done in that department. It is not quite a horror movie, it's more of a thriller than a horror, but definitely a lot of jumpy things. In a theatre with good sound, it's the sound effects and how they play soft vs. loud that really gets ya. Well done.

The environments/scenery was fantastic and the portrayal of New York in general is really good. But I think the scary zombies worked better in the dark with subtlety (like Jaws), rather than the parts where they showed you them in full light.

Piotr I saw your name in the credits!!

No comments: