Monday, November 03, 2008

Dr. Martin Luther King... tomorrow is the day

"I have a dream that my children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
Dr. Martin Luther King
"I have a Dream" Speech
August 28, 1963

Dr. Martin Luther King... tomorrow is the day.

This is a defining moment in American (and world) history... for so, so, so many reasons. Only 24 hours to go... this is quite possibly history in the making, and a chance for America to show that it's moved far from the mistaken ways of the past. While I accept that we may still be very far from a day where people of all races and religions live together in peace... tomorrow, I hope, will be a bold and powerful step in the right direction.

As a minority myself, this has such amazing potential, and will be a shining ray of hope against discrimination... and a choice for a better future for this country. How great and monumental it will be for a man with his skill and inspirational talents to become the first African American President.

Barack Obama is a powerful force of change, an exciting, driven and incredibly smart candidate. He has shown so much knowledge, forethought and intellectual ability over the last 2 year election race... and now it's finally time for America to vote.

THIS IS A DEFINING MOMENT OF OUR LIVES!!!!!!!!!

I am a Canadian citizen, and therefore I can't vote in the USA even though I currently live in this great country. Since my vote cannot be officially made, please speak up for me... and vote for Barack Obama.

No comments: