Hey all,Anyhow, this literally is SUPER AMAZING. Here are the specs of what I eventually decided on...
So I am so excited I can't contain it and I need to send out a completely unnecessary email about how awesome my new computer at home is gonna be. Just found a sweet deal last night (or, early this morning, as it were) on Dell, the XPS 630 (sick) it's soooooooooooooooo awesommmme!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dual monitors, 512Mb video card, 64-bit, Quad-Core.... oh maaaaaan! Also, even cooler thing is... I AM GETTING THE RED ONE!!!!!!!! It looks like Iron Man!
I feel like this is the kind of excitement the teenagers in "American Graffiti" felt for their new convertibles, just a LOT nerdier (and more awesome)
How many "awesome"s did you count?
- Dell XPS 630
- Intel Core2 Processor Q6600 (2.40Ghz,1066FSB) w/Quad Core Technology and 8MB cache
- Red Bezel Chassis
- 4GB DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz
- Nvidia GeForce 9800GT
- 750GB SATA 2 Hard Drive 7200RPM
- Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 Home Premium 64-Bit Edition
- 16X DVD+R/RW
Sweet looking case
I got the Red one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If Iron Man was a siiiick desktop, obviously he would be this one.
This is sooooooooooooooooooooo sick. So there were a few key reasons I went with this one:
- 64-bit Vista, therefore there are drivers for this video card
- There was a special, very good deal on this one... amazing price
- 64-bit means I can eventually add more RAM should I need more than 4GB in the future
- Presumably now the video card will work well with Linux 64 too
- I wanted a 512 Mb card
- This is an NVidia, which is actually even better
- The 630 series is actually a lot nicer than the 420 series
- Yes, it comes in glorious, awesome Red, and it looks absolutely awesome
- The price was awesome already, and after talking to the sales lady, she actually added on an extra discount too so it was even better!!
- I am getting Logitech Z-2300's from Amazon. CNet claims that these are the BEST THX 2.1 speakers on the PC Market, no questions asked. The are only $80, so why not?!
- Since the monitors were actually NOT on sale anyway, there was no particular reason to get them with the system. Now I can research the monitors more carefully. There is no particular reason to get a Dell montior, since they are probably made by Samsung anyway or something. Also still not sure about 2x 20" widescreen or 2x 20" non-widescreen, mostly 'cause Dell's selection of non-widescreens is pretty minimal.
Many, many more details once it arrives.