Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My laptop is on its way out

I kinda feel like my laptop is casually notifying me that it was a good idea to buy a new computer. The "Dell Vertical Line" problem has now resulted in 5 vertical lines on the screen, 1 new one yesterday, one more today. So that's not great. Also the laptop seemed to get pretty warm yesterday, maybe that's usual but not sure. And also it won't shutdown anymore!! As of last week I seem to have to manually close a bunch of things to get it to actually shutdown after I ask it to!!

So it's being a bit of a jerk and I have a good feeling it is telling me I made a good choice in buying a new computer to replace it. :)

Anyhow, my new machine (I'm gonna call him "IronMan") will be arriving tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited and this week is gonna be a busy one, but hopefully I'll at least get a little bit of time to play with it. I can't wait, it's gonna be SOOOO awesome.

It comes with Windows Vista Premium 64-bit but I think I am gonna format the drive when I get it and install Ubuntu 64-bit as well on another partition and then re-install Windows on the main partition. This is good as I can choose all my options and also get experience installing Windows Vista which is probably a good idea.

Soooooo awesssssssssome!!!!!

No comments: