Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Siiiiiiick Mickey statue that I saw in Canada

I saw an absolutely AMAZING Mickey Mouse "Disney Traditions" statue in Canada over the break and I was just looking around for it now. This is soooooooooooooo cool.

Anyway just found it, the artist's name is Jim Shore, and this is actually representing the 80th Anniversary of Mickey Mouse. Super cool, but I love it SO much because it shows him transforming through a mirror from the Mickey of 80 years ago to now, going from Black and White into Colour... SO COOL. All the excitement at Pixar and ILM about movies in general, and about new technology and the constant pursuit of perfection... this is a pretty fitting sculpture for a Computer Scientist working in Film at this amazing time!!!! I love it.

I think this'll make a good birthday present for myself. ;)


Jim Shore / Disney Traditions Mickey 80th Anniversary Figurine: 80 Years of Laughter

No comments: