Saturday, April 04, 2009

Playing with the Canon 5D SLR

Shelly at work very kindly let me borrow her Canon 5D until my new Canon Rebel T1i comes out and I can buy it. This is amazing as there is an upcoming photo class where I will be shooting lots of photos and learning a lot, and now I am all set!

I started taking some practice shots tonight with my lens - which I *thought* was a Canon UltraSonic EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM Lens cause that's what the box says... turns out it's actually a 35-135mm f/4-5.6 Lens?!?!!!! That is actually much closer to what I needed!! Haha, wow I totally forgot that it was in a different storage box!! This is actually pretty sweeeeeet as 35mm in an APS-C camera will give me results like a 50mm in a full-frame camera. Since the T1i will be an APS-C and the 5D is a full-frame camera, when I attach my new 50mm 1.8 lens to it, I'll get the same kinda style with that on the 5D as I will with 35mm on the T1i (because of the focal multiplier) - so that's kinda cool for practice until I actually buy my camera!

Just learning some of the features now, it's sweet.

No comments: