Sunday, June 05, 2011

Dinner: Steak and Veggies

In a new blog post series I'd like to entitle "I'm finally learning how to cook", or "Frank and Jess shamed me into this", or "Beyond Mac and Cheese", or "I should stop eating crappy stuff and learn how to make good things myself"... (name is still a work in progress), I'd like to present my tasty dinner of the evening.

Even though Safeway had an epic deal on Sirloin steaks (like 10 steaks for the price of these 2 Fillet Mignons!), I cautiously - yet confidently - picked the fancy one.

But even the fanciest of steaks needs some love, so I called up Mom and asked what I should use as a marinade. The Fillet Minion marinade worked out super well: Maple Syrup, Soy Sauce, Chianti wine, and Maiie Dijon Honey Mustard. Epic.

Since I figured I'd be posting this and my Mom and other dignitaries would read it, I knew I better put some vegetables in the mix for good measure/balanced diet/to fend off any concerned emails about lack of Vitamins. Rice is Basmati and and vegetable mix is a combo of a bunch of different things: water chestnuts, green beans, brocolli, mushrooms and shanghai boy choy. Yes, sliced with the new knife that Frank and Jess bought me! The encouragement worked, guys. Stir-Fry sauce is a light amount of Olive Oil and Soy Vey Hoisin sauce.

Wine is 2006 Santa Margherita Chianti Classico (it was good, but even better if you opened it up to the air a bit first). Good times!

I ate this tasty biz and then immediately fell asleep on the couch for an hour. Oh, weekends.

Preparing
Grilling on the BBQ

Dinner time!

No comments: