|Sweet ride, bro|
The weight of the bike is really light and it's really fast. The 700cc x 30 tires have an incredible amount of "pick up" compared to my old mountain bike. I am really happy with how fast it can accelerate, and also how it can crush the San Francisco hills. The 2 x 10 gears are working out well so far, even for some crazy hills.
Here are the specs!
The Sirrus Comp Disc with Fitness Geometry provides flat bar handling so you can ride faster on longer rides, yet be stable and quick in town. The hydraulic disc brakes mean you'll have confidence to ride regardless of the weather or what you're carrying on your racks.
- New E5 Premium Aluminum frame w/ Fitness Geometry built for speed and versatility
- FACT carbon fork w/ Zertz provides lightweight and smooth handling
- Specialized Espoir Sport Reflect, 700x30c tires for performance and visibility
- Specialized Body Geometry Targa, lock-on grips w/ integrated bar end for no-slip performance
- Tektro Gemini, hydraulic disc brakes for maximum stopping power
- Shimano Tiagra, 10-speed derailleur for plenty of gearing options
- Body Geometry Targa Sport saddle w/ steel rails for all conditions comfort
- Compatible with Specialized Plug + Play Fender SetTechnical SpecificationsFRAMESpecialized E5 Premium Aluminum, fully manipulated butted tubing w/ smooth welds, internal cable routing, tapered/integrated headset, fender/rack eyeletsFORKSpecialized FACT carbon w/ Zertz, alloy steerer/crownHEADSET1-1/8" sealed Cr-Mo bearings integrated w/ headset, 15mm alloy cone spacerSTEMSpecialized Comp Multi, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 12-degree riseHANDLEBARSSpecialized flat, 6061 double butted alloy, 10-degree backsweep, 4-degree upsweep, 31.8mmTAPESpecialized Body Geometry Targa, lock-on w/ integrated bar endFRONT BRAKETektro Gemini, hydraulic disc, resin padsREAR BRAKETektro Gemini, hydraulic disc, resin padsFRONT DERAILLEURShimano TiagraREAR DERAILLEURShimano Tiagra, 10-speed, long cageSHIFT LEVERSShimano Tiagra, 10-speedCASSETTEShimano Tiagra, 10-speed, 12-30CHAINKMC X10, 10-speed, reusable Missing LinkCRANKSETFSA Omega, forged alloy, 50/34PEDALSSirrus, 1.5mm Varus angle, nylon body, symmetric alloy cage, low profile bearing system, toe clip capableFRONT WHEELAXIS 1.0 DiscREAR WHEELAXIS 1.0 DiscFRONT TIRESpecialized Espoir Sport Reflect, 60TPI, wire bead, Double BlackBelt protection, 700x30cREAR TIRESpecialized Espoir Sport Reflect, 60TPI, wire bead, Double BlackBelt protection, 700x30cSADDLEBody Geometry Targa Sport, steel rails, 155mmSEATPOSTAlloy, 2-bolt, 12.5mm offset, 30.9mm, anti-corrosion hardware
So yes, this is amazing.SEAT BINDERAlloy, 31.8mm
To really give this a test, I decided to go with my buddy Alex over the Golden Gate Bridge and all the way up Hawk Hill in the Marin Headlands which is a big climb. Even crazier, we decided to go DOWN the other side of Hawk Hill which is one-way, but super steep. As these were brand new brakes I took it slowly, but in the video you'll see Alex just flooring it down the hill. :)
|At the top of Hawk Hill|
|A very important part of the ride|