Sunday, October 17, 2010

Making scones

Tonight I made scones for the first time! They turned out pretty darn well. Frank and Jess came over they they LOVED them which was really encouraging. :) Jess said they tasted better without jam so she could taste the flavour, and Frank said they were like "real Southern biscuits" - YES!!!!!!!!!!!

So that was an epic win for the first trial. I think next time I need to use a little less salt and maybe mix the ingredients together a little bit better. Also I left them in an extra few minutes since they weren't brown enough on top - maybe put them in a little lower down next time. Overall I was pretty happy with them though, even though my Mom makes them about 1000 times better. :)

Messy counter after cutting the scones

Clean up!!

Ready to bake

Table set with a bazillion kinds of jam, lemon curd, and whipped cream

Done!

Frank and Me going to town on the scones

No comments: