Monday, June 13, 2005

Ghirardelli Chocolate and San Francisco

This weekend was pretty relaxing and I had a great time. Saturday we got up and went to Dennys for breakfast (or maybe lunch) and then headed to San Francisco on the BART. We started off at the Apple Store which was good because I needed to check out my Camera and make sure it works with the Apple iPod Camera Connector before I buy an iPod Photo next week. So that was a success and the camera connector is really cool.

We then walked through China Town, past House of Nan King restaurant, past the Stinking Rose Garlic Restaurant, through North Beach past the famous City Lights bookstore and to the nice park that Kristen and I went to. It was sweet! We then headed to Fisherman's Wharf to hang out and look at the seals and then we went to In N' Out burger for lunch and it was totally awesome as usual. We then continued on our trek to Ghirardelli Square, home of sweet, sweet Ghirardelli chocolate. We all bought $8 double vanilla scooped chocolate fudge sundaes with nuts and caramel added. Sweet!! Of course whipped cream and a cherry on top were there as expected!! It was a really good sundae, pretty expensive but definitely worth it.

We then took the bus back to the BART station and headed back to Emeryville.

Sunday we had a good time too. Jake and Alex and I went shopping to get a new router for our internet and then went to Best Buy, and to California Pizza Kitchen for lunch. We were already at Bay St Mall so we went to Old Navy and some other stores and then to Trader Joe's to get some groceries. Trader Joe's is a really awesome "health food" supermarket, and they have amazing fruit and I got some awesome nectarines.

Tonight I went to Matthew and Jared's apartment and we had some really good tofu with some amazing Trader Joe's Korma Curry sauce on it. Very nice!! Matthew also made us Cous Cous and Salad. I supplied some Iced Peach Green Tea and some Chinese Coconut buns I bought in Chinatown on Saturday. It was a great time and Jake and Salim showed up to watch some TV too!

Matthew and I bought tickets to see Ben Folds at the end of August. They were a little expensive but I am really excited to see the show and I bet it will be totally awesome.

My Dell DJ is finishing bidding on Ebay tonight and I was really happy with how Ebay worked, it was really amazing and there were lots of bids so that rocks! I am pretty excited to get my new iPod too and Ebay was definitely a good idea.

I am going to sort out which classes I am taking next term when I get a chance tomorrow night. There is a really cool Electronic Imaging class I want to take so I think I will take that probably. Sounds like it will be a good time.


Me and Alex at Dennys

Me and Alex looking scary on the BART to San Francisco

Edwin, Matthew, Jared and Jake

A cute seal I wanted to buy

A real one

Sweeeeeeeeeeet

Ghirardelli Square in San Francisco

Sweet Ghirardelli Chocolate store

Edwin and Alex

Edwin and Alex eating our huge Ice Cream sundaes

Someone's laundry hanging to dry... I kinda thought that was nice!

Matt and Alex on the bus

2 comments:

Kittenus Atomicus said...

Hey Mike!

Thanks for the note! Omg blogging is awesome, though I'm incredibly lazy about mine. Glad to see you're having fun and exploring new places, as always. Can I ask how you found my blog?!

T.

Kittenus Atomicus said...

Oh I know!

Steve, hehe.