Saturday, February 03, 2007

Finished XLib GUI Builder in Java

Whhaattt upppppppppppp!!

Today was sweeeeet. Last night I coded my UI Assignment from 5pm until about 2am... then watched a bunch of Scrubs and listened to some good tunes. Today I got up at Noon, and coded from 1pm until about 10:30pm and finished my readme file and did a whole bunch of testing etc!! I'm done!! Wahoo!!!! So that was quick, maybe only about 15 hours of coding, so about the same as the first assignment. I now have a GUI Builder that I made in Java, which allows you to create a Button, a Checkbox and a Label, and then automatically builds a UI in XLib to exactly match the GUI that you made visually in Java. Good times!!


Java GUI Builder that I created on the left. On the right is the result of clicking the "Write Code" button in the Java GUI Builder - a UI in XLib that matches what you visually specified in the Java program. Good times!!


I also did a code view that shows you the current code that the Java program has created to match what you have created in the Design View.

2 comments:

Faker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Faker said...

May I use your program please ? Or could you explain it to me ??