Thursday, February 01, 2007

Busy week almost done, Scholarships, Paris, Cinque Terre

What a busy day again today. I got to bed at 4am after studying for my Music Midterm. Then the usual early morning 7:45am wakeup. Yung and I went to class and then I headed off to work out like crazy for 2 hours. It was intense and awesome but soooo tiring. I talked to the super nice personal trainer and she was awesome and helped me out with a question I had. Sweet deals.

Then after working out, I went to class and then off to review for my Music Midterm. Then to a movie screening for my Music class. Then time off for dinner. Then off to Music class, with the 1 hour Midterm and then a 1.5 hour class afterwards. Then to Bubble Tea with Joel and Yung and Nick and that was sweeeeet and we were there until 12:30. Then finnnally coming home for the first time since I left this morning!! Insane!!

Anyhoo, I had those 2 essays due today so I handed those in which was nice. After finishing the Midterm tonight (it was sweeeet) I am mostly done the major work for the week. I have a UI Assignment for Monday which I have to start programming tomorrow asap, but it should be pretty groovy and it's in Java, so no worries there. Gotta remember not to keep using C++ Syntax in there though, i.e. it's "null" and not "NULL", and this whole "new" thing without using pointers. Weird times. Man it's been like a year and a half since I last rocked some Java coding, so it'll be nice to get that going again.

But it's not all work and no play on my plate this week. I've been thinking there is yet another scholarship at Waterloo that I think I am probably kindof a weird unique candidate for, there are like 4 restrictions and somehow I meet all of them. It's for Waterloo Co-op Students who did a Co-op in another country, got a certain ranking for the work term, have a certain average, and do a bunch of extra-curricular stuff too. Good times. So I am going to go for it, I've got to get my application done soon, and I have no idea how it works if you win a scholarship sometime after you're done here, hopefully they just mail you a cheque. :) Anyway I am going to apply for sure.

In other news I totally didn't realize that Cannes Film Festival is in France when I am there. Also I totally want to check out 14, Boulevard des Capucines, a location in Paris where the first moving picture was ever shown to a public audience by the Lumiere Brothers. We just learned about this in Music class and I'm interested to see the area. The website is at: http://www.festival-cannes.org/

Also, what's the DEAL with this place, looking so beautiful and all?!?!


Cinque Terre - "Five Villages" in Italy

Cinque Terre is in Italy and maaaaaaaaan it looks sweeeeet! Here's a quote from Wikipedia.
The Cinque Terre are five coastal villages in the province of La Spezia in the Liguria region of Italy. "Discovered" by foreigners in the late 20th century, they have come to be among the most popular areas of Italy among tourists. The coastline, the five villages, and the surrounding hillsides are all encapsulated in a national park by the same name.
Man I can't wait to hang out there, it sounds totally amazing.

Lausch and Finlayson - This is on the itinerary for a bunch of May/June when hopefully you guys will be arond!!!!

Haha, yeah hopefully my buddies Matt and Alex can come and hang out in Italy for a week or two, and I think it would be really cool to see Cinque Terre with them maybe and also of course Rome and Venice and so on. Good times!!!!!!!!

So that's about it, I've been sleeping 4 hours most nights this week, I think 7 hours for one of the nights. So it's not too bad but it's catching up with me and it's been a pretty busy week. Looking forward to next week after I finish UI cause then it should be much more relaxed. Also maybe going on a Skiing Trip with Alex, or just going to hang out with Alex in Toronto and stuff.

No comments: