Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Weight loss graph in Matlab

In an awesome moment of "Like Son, Like Father", my Dad was super psyched about the R Statistical program I wrote a few days ago (see this post) for doing a fancy regression and analysis of my weight loss progress so far... he was so psyched that he did exactly the same thing I did - spending a few hours fiddling with a stats program to make a cooler and more interesting version of the plot.

Matlab graph of my weight loss from Oct 2011-April 2012
Since Dad is a Matlab genius, he took the opportunity to refresh on some Matlab and graphing details, like I did with R a few days ago. This plot is similar to my R one, but I think it's a lot easier to read, the spacing is better and clearer, and you get a much better sense of the flow of the data. Also, the colouring and grid lines help give the graph some better readability. Funny that Dad and I both spent a few hours geeking out about similar things. Like Father, Like Son!

No comments: