Monday, October 29, 2007

Google Analytics report on my Blog

Wow, this is nuts.

I have Google Analytics attached to my blog, which means that I can see some rough information about how many people visit my site, and where the majority of people are coming from and so on. In the past I've seen stats like 100 or 120 people per week were viewing my blog, which is pretty sweet anyway. This is nuuuuuuuuuts. In the last 30 days, I've had 903 people visit the blog, from 44 different countries. Insane?!!! That's pretty unbelievable, but I guess the stats don't lie!!

Here's a few of the more exciting details...
  • Blog Visitors from USA have now overtaken Blog Visitors from Canada (403 vs. 380)
  • Pretty diverse country group this month: Nigeria, Cayman Islands, Egypt, Romania, New Zealand...
  • France was #3 after USA and Canada
  • Top 5 US states where visitors are from: California, Georgia, Florida, Texas, New York
  • Top 6 Cities in California for visitors: San Francisco, Lafyette (must be old Pixar friends), Alameda (same), San Leandro, Mountain View (that's my Waterloo homeys), Irvine (that's Taylor) :)
  • Largest visitor day: Oct 3rd (55 people), followed by Oct 1st (53 people), what did I post that day?!?!?
  • 497 Absolute Unique Visitors (not sure what that means, but I think that means it ensures that there are no repeat visitors in the total count)
  • Firefox has just edged over Internet Explorer as browser of choice for visitors (401 vs. 400)
  • In terms of the OS that people use, 79.73% are on Windows, 13.84% on Mac, 6.31% on Linux, and 0.11% on Nintendo Wii!! (Haha that was me playing around with the Wii Browser at the Waterloo homeys apartment in Mountain View)
Pretty exciting stuff. It's really awesome to see such a large audience, and it really makes me feel like people care about what I am up to - also since most of the guests are from California and Ontario, it's obvious that most people who visit are friends and family, and I really appreciate that you are all keeping in touch with my life even though maybe we don't see each other in person all that often. Awesome. Thanks all for the reading!!

If you keep reading, I'll keep writing!!!!!!!! And if you stop reading... I'll honestly still continue writing. I'm kindof addicted to this thing.

No comments: