Sunday, March 25, 2012

Post #2000: A 2nd Blog Retrospective

Dear friends,

It's been nearly 7 YEARS since I started this blog, way back in April 2005 at the time of my first move to Emeryville, California to start an internship at Pixar Animation Studios.

The amount of things that have happened in the past 7 years is mind-bogglingly crazy, and back in March 2008 I did the first blog retrospective after reaching 1000 posts. It seems fitting to do a 2nd one of these, giving some love to some of the most memorable, important, pivotal, interesting, and/or life-affirming moments of the past 1000 posts - approx 4 years.

This blog has grown from a readership of just a few hits per post to somewhere around 5000 visits per month, which is totally nuts. I am still so surprised and pleased that so many folks are interested in what I'm doing, and I hope this blog has been an inspiration to live your life by your own rules, work hard, and drop everything and take a good solid adventure vacation once in a while. :) Thanks for reading, and I'll keep writing!

I checked the total word count on this blog a while back... it's well over 1,000,000 words.

Without further ado, here are some of the highlights of the last 1000 posts.

No comments: