Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Bridge School Benefit 2008

This weekend was so painfully awesome, it almost hurts to describe it. After possibly the best Halloween ever (well, other than this one in 2006) on Saturday... I went down to Mountain View to see my Waterloo homeboys, eat too much free food at Google, and listen to some SICK bands rock it out Acoustic-style for 8 hours with the proceeds going to The Bridge School.

It was, how do you say, AWESOME. Some of the bands were kinda "weak sauce" like Cat Power and Wilco, meh, not my style. But Smashing Pumpkins were INSANE, Death Cab For Cutie played some great songs, Josh Groban was so good I wanted to punch myself in the face, Norah Jones rocked and Jack Johnson was great as usual... overall a great lineup and then a finale by Neil Young.

The best part was the Smashing Pumpkins playing Disarm... featuring Josh Groban. Didn't see that team-up comin' in a million years, and man was it ever good. (See videos below)


"The Google"


Fooooood


I did some artwork


...then I went to town on this PB&J


Shoreline Amphitheatre


This drink was tall and cold


Billy Corgan from the Smashing Pumpkins


Norah Jones being awesome


Glorious


Jack Johnson


Death Cab For Cutie - Into the dark


Smashing Pumpkins - Mix of songs


Smashing Pumpkins featuring Josh Groban - Disarm

No comments: