Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Houdini Render Tests

This term I am taking FINE 328, Advanced Electronic Imaging at Waterloo and it is AWESOME so far!! Our first assignment was a Photoshop assignment and basically just a review. For the second assignment, we need to create a Still Life Arrangement using only Houdini Primitives.

Here are a few render tests I did tonight to test out the lighting and shadows. I need to figure out how to soften the shadows and I will likely use shaders in this first assignment (although this wasn't allowed in the past, our Prof said we are allowed to use shaders in the first assignment now to dim the specular highlights on the objects and add colour to the scene.)

Pretty interesting assignment possibilities here and I am pretty excited to build my artistic abilities over this term! Here are some initial render tests in Houdini.


Inital render test with bright cone light, fast shadows

Second render test with softer light, same shadows

No comments: