Sunday, June 12, 2016

London 2015 Day 21: Star Wars at Madame Tussauds

5/14/2015
London 2015 Day 21: Star Wars at Madame Tussauds

Another solid day today. I again brought in lunch to the office "So healthy!" -- haha every time someone comments and tells me that if I bring in lunch. I guess I brought in mostly vegetables today, so I guess they are correct this time. :)

I had organized for the office to go see the brand new Madame Tussauds Star Wars exhibit just before it opened for the public. It was a really cool tour and the models were painstakingly detailed and the sets were very realistic too. Sitting with Chewie in the Millennium Falcon was great.





My friend Dana, an old Waterloo VOC buddy, now lives in London and met me there for the tour. We wandered the exhibit, so cool. You could get up close to all the characters, and the amazing work on the individual hairs on Qui-Gon (neck beard!) was surprisingly detailed. You could sit with Chewbacca and that was one of the best part, "Punch it, Chewie!" The attendant there said that each hair on Chewbacca is indivually sewn?! Awesome yoda too, with great scenes and places for photo ops.








It was great to catch up with Dana too. We headed for drinks afterwards to a fancy spot ("Sometimes you see a celebrity here!") and I got a Bowmore 10 which was very tasty. It was a bit strong though, I wondered if it was cask strength (I checked and yep, it was). Very good.

From there we went for dinner at a Michelin-Starred Indian Food place called Trishna. They had very tasty curry, specifically the Tandoori Lamb Chops were excellent. I absolutely crussshhed the Rose Petal Lassi which was definitely the best rose lassi ever. Lemon rice, Andhra Lamb Masala curry, and Kori Gassi chicken curry, along with Coastal Bhindi okra were our mains.

Dana's best attempt at a duck-face.


It was all very tasty food and nice to have such a long catchup with Dana, as it has been a long time and we had lots of updates for each other on work and life. Good times!

No comments: