Friday, September 22, 2006

Jutan in Europe April 2007

And now starts the plans for my big solo backpacking trip across Europe.

I just bought a bunch of books from Amazon and they arrived today.


Lonely Planet Greek Islands, Greece, Rite of Passage: Tales of Backpacking through Europe, France and Italy.

So I guess from this list you can see that I've decided to go to France. I've heard enough awesome stuff about the French Riviera and Nice and Provence that I better check it out. I think it'll probably be easier to fly to Paris since I am not planning to go to England on this trip since I lived there in 1994-1995 and thus don't really feel the need to spend a lot of time visiting there since I have really experienced a lot of it already.

From the first glance at the Lonely Planet website too, it looks like France is nicer in April or May and then Italy and Greece are good in June and July so that sounds like it is the tentative plan for now.

I have heard some good things about Prague and also Spain and Portugal, so I might add those onto the list. I am not completely sure how much money I will have and how many days I can stay for on my budget, but it's looking like about a 2.5 or 3 month trip I think. Should be totally awesome and I can't wait.

Since I am most likely going to be backpacking this solo and not taking a bus tour or anything, I need to do a fair bit of planning and figuring out what I want to see. Of course as I get there and meet people my plans might change, but I definitely want to know what is available to see and where I don't want to miss out on visiting. Good times.

Anyway it's like 3:30am and I have been going to bed too late this week. Hope you are all doing well. If anyone has cool travel advice for backpacking in Europe, please email me.

No comments: