Saturday, April 15, 2006

Interviews for next Co-op term

I am heading back to Canada soon for a summer term at school and it will be great. I am looking forward to it but as usual it's sad to leave all my new friends here in California.

Things were awesome this week, the start of the week was that cool talk at ILM and LucasArts, then I got lots of work done this week, then 2 big crazy Seder nights which was sweet and then just some relaxing and 3 episodes of Battlestar Galactica tonight and 5 episodes of Mr. Show. Awesome.

Today at work was great, my friend Josh Cameron who was one of my major mentors at Alias when I arrived there, and who taught me a lot of what I know about MEL and Maya, came to Pixar this week to interview. It sounds like he did well, and if he gets the job and decides to move out here that would be excellent as he is a good friend from the Alias days and is, dare I say, totally awesome.

Today at work was busy for me too, got a bunch of stuff done and getting lots of projects finished which is great. The really exciting news is that I interviewed today for a position in Production for my next Co-op term!! That ROCKS. I am on Production Engineering now which is fantastic, and the tools that I am writing are used for many productions at Pixar. I interviewed for a position in production that could likely be a Global Tech position which would be excellent. That is similar to what I am doing now but it will be for one specific movie and tools that are required for specific shots and technical needs within that movie. It sounds awesome and I am really psyched for this, I will post what happens soon and it would be super cool if this all works out. :) Mike Jutan, Technical Director?!! It has a nice ring to it I think!!! AMAZING!!

Tomorrow probably just relaxing after this busy week, we might go see Ice Age 2 again cause it rocked.

No comments: