Sunday, July 22, 2007

I'm in California, I have an apartment and I'm starting my new job!!

Where have I been for the past week or two?! Well friends, thanks for asking. Actually a bunch of you did ask me. Seems to me like there are getting to be a lot of keen readers of my blog. That's awesome. Thanks for taking an interest in my life and wanting to know what I am up to... now... I must apologize for the lack of details over the past while. I came home from Athens to Frankfurt and then to Montreal... then got stopped at the border. Yes. Stopped at the border. There were some issues and, to keep it short and sweet, I spent an extra week back home in Canada while everything got sorted out.

You'd think this would be kinda blah, and so on, but actually it turned out quite well in the end!! I got to go to the annual Alias/Autodesk BBQ at John Gross's house in Toronto, chill with Matt and Alex, see my sister and spend another week with my parents which was totally awesome and also get to see Ratatouille with my parents so that was just awesome. I was just delayed by a week and it went super smooth the 2nd time through the border, no worries.

I got to California, spent 1 day looking at apartments, decided to take the first one I saw cause it rocks, and I moved in on Friday after the original 3 nights I'd booked in the hotel!! Insane!! So it worked out perfectly. I even got to sign the lease and then go hang out with my friends at Pixar for the Pixar Motorama car show which was just fantastic!! Good times!!

I am at a coffee shop now with free internet and just checking the email and so on since I don't have internet at my new apartment yet. Sweet deals.

Anyhoo, I promise I'll catch up on the photo postings and details of everything else that is happening over the next little bit. I've just posted some more pics from Athens and when I was back in Canada.

In other awesome news... I START WORK AT INDUSTRIAL LIGHT & MAGIC TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have dreamed about working at ILM since I was 10 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an absolute dream come true. This is going to be so amazingly fantastic and awesome... oh MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also I am going to Siggraph, the awesome Computer Graphics conference in San Diego, California in a couple of weeks. How awesome.

So, in summary:
  • Europe was absolutely awesome
  • Getting stopped at the border was crazy, but turned out that things are absolutely awesome
  • I found an apartment that is beautiful in 1 day, which is absolutely awesome
  • I saw my friends from Pixar, and that is absolutely awesome
  • I start work at ILM tomorrow, which is absolutely awesome
I think that sums it up nicely. Things are good.

I hope you are all well too. More blogging soon.


My new apartment in San Francisco!!!!!!!

No comments: