Monday, August 18, 2008

Back from Siggraph 2008

Why no blogging over the past week?! I've been in Los Angeles at Siggraph 2008, the awesome Computer Graphics conference!!! I decided not to schlep my "only somewhat portable" computer with and so I've got lots of catching up to do. It was an outstanding event as always: lectures, interesting panels, free RenderMan walking teapots, about 10 free t-shirts, access to new technologies and ideas, and... a heck of a lot of random discussion and socializing. :) As well as the technical talks, there was PLENTY of time for just off-the-cuff technical discussions with people from different companies, different fields and different countries... and a whole lot more. It was fantastic.

I also stayed in LA over the weekend to go to Kurt's house and we went to Universal Studios (AWESOME) and rode the new Simpsons Ride (even more AWESOME) and tons more. I'll blog the details and pics when I get a chance.

No comments: