Thursday, June 08, 2006

Wrote some Geometric Primitives, started OpenGL model

I did so MUCH graphics today, it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am mostly done the assignment except for a few details at the end, so instead of finishing those I decided to start doing the modeling on the character itself. For this assignment we have to design a character in OpenGL, using only primitives that we have created and added to the LUA spec for the code. This is totally sweet and fun and awesome, so I went fierce on it tonight.

After finishing the code that does picking and allows the user to select one object at a time to add to a "selection list", I then started coding up some new Geometric Primitives!! I got lots done and this is great as it gives me many more "tools" to work with now that I've started the model itself. I made a sphere, half-sphere, a disk, a partial disk, a cylinder (and therefore a cone), a torus and a half-torus. After building all of these and adding to the LUA spec I then started my OpenGL model!! I am building an iPod-shaped character, and it is going really well so far. Check it out and please let me know what you think so far!! This is sooooooooooo fun to do and soooooooooooooooo awesome, I love this class!!


Sphere drawn with GL_QUAD_STRIPs

Half-sphere

Flat 2D disk

Flat 2D disk with different inner radius

Flat 2D disk with varied sweeping angle

Cylinder

Cylinder with one end radius at 0, so it's a cone

Torus

Torus with more facets, less detail

Half-torus

Half torus with high detail

The start of my iPod character!!!

Rounded corners

Starting to look SWEET now

Added a screen, I'll texture map this later

1 comment:

M. Saef Ullah Miah said...

hey can you help me telling how you have drawn the half sphere? it wold be better if you share the sample codes